Monday, December 9, 2013

Opening up to new things

 So today I am practicing what I preach. I am stepping out of my comfort zone to reach out in ministry. I tell our students all the time that in order to grow in God we must step out. So, I hope that with time this blog will get better.
  I guess I should share a little about myself and what "Chosen" Youth Group is about. My name is Cristy and my husband, Jon and I are youth pastors of a small but growing church. My husband is the rock of our ministry and I am, well let's just say, more of the mouth. lol. We are completely opposite and always have been and it's no different in our ministry.
  "Chosen" Youth Group started a year ago and has grown greatly. We started with about 6 students full time and now run about 20-25. But more than numbers, we have a group of teenagers that are hungry and desperate for more of God. There is something so beautiful and leaves me speechless, and that's when our teenagers enter into true worship, pour their hearts out at the altar, and seek for a true encounter with Jesus.
  My hope for this blog will be to give you insight of our youth group and share with you all the great things that God is doing for our teens. My prayer is that as you read these blogs you will be touched and inspired to seek God more than ever and to step out of your comfort zone as well.
  Mark 10:14-16 - But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.Verily I say unto you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
and he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
  There is something about seeing a young person experiencing the realness of God. Their faith to believe and their faith to receive what God wants to give them remind us of their innocent and unconditional love. As adults we can put limits on God's love because of past hurt or rejection. It's when you see the love for God as a child sees is when you truly understand what Jesus was saying in this Scripture.
  So my question to you today is, are you putting conditions on your love for God? In your prayer time, I encourage you ask God to reveal to you if you have placed conditions on His love. Ask Him to help you to love Him as a child loves Him.
  The love of a child has no boundaries or limits......

No comments:

Post a Comment