Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Let it Rain!

  Rain is important for things to grow. Each year we plant a garden and I have noticed that rain water always makes our garden greener and grow faster than city water. There is just something about the natural water source that treated water can't do. I love when trees and bushes on the side of a dirt road are all dusty and dirty and then a good heavy rain comes and washes everything clean. Everything always looks crisper, greener, and healthier.
  There are two kinds of water sources, God's water source and man's water source. If you don't feel like you are growing or maybe you feel weighed down, maybe you are seeking the wrong water source. Are you seeking direction from God or man? Are you looking for answers in man written books or from your Sunday morning service more then you are in prayer? Don't get me wrong, God can and will speak to you through sermons and books and He will even use people to speak to you. But if that is what you are depending on and not God, then you are getting water from the wrong source.
  God's presence is just like the rain that falls from the sky. In order for us to be cleansed of the dirt and dust the world throws at us, we need the rain. If we are going to grow, we need the rain. Psalm 68:9 - Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.
 I don't know about you but I need the rain. I want to be saturated in the presence of God every day. I don't want to become brittle and weak, dusty and dry, or weighed down by the chemicals of man's water source. If we are ever going to make a difference in this world, we need to be refreshed daily. I am thankful that God uses men and women to speak into my life, I am thankful for the revelation He has given to many to share with us through books and songs, but there is nothing like hearing directly from God Himself. I want a daily encounter with God. I want to make sure that I have my own personal relationship with Him.
  Today I hope that you will seek God for yourself and ask Him to send a plentiful rain on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment