Monday, September 22, 2014

Take it back!

   It has been a little while since my last blog. Life has just been so overwhelming since my father passed away. Not in a bad way just in a really busy way. I know that I must take some time to slow down and breathe. I know my rest is in Jesus and I know He is my strength and has defiantly been restoring me. I just want to take a minute to share a little of what God is doing in my life and our students.
   Last night my sermon was very simple yet God took something simple and made it powerful. I honestly didn't know what to expect when preparing. It was going to take some teenagers stepping out and not caring what the person next to them thought, trusting in God, and really pushing themselves further than they have ever gone spiritually.
   The message was going to the enemy's camp and taking back what he stole from us. I told of the story of David and the Amalekites in 1 Samuel chapter 30. I explained that the enemy came in and took their women and children and burned everything they had. I then went on to tell how David sought God and once God gave him direction, he went to the enemy's camp and reclaimed all the women and children and even took the herds and flock. God restored David and his people with what they had and then some.
   We then took index cards and wrote on it what the devil had taken from us. Some examples were joy, confidence, ministry, passion, happiness, etc. Then we passed around a corporate one and put things he has taken from our youth group, most of the students wrote the names of other students that have fallen away.  As a youth pastor that touched my heart the most. These students have a true love for each other, they pray and truly have compassion on those that have fallen away and are struggling.
  We placed the cards on the front row and made that area the enemy's camp. We began to pray and seek the direction of God. We marched around the camp, we prayed for each other, we did whatever we felt God leading each of us to do. Then when we felt God say go, we went to the enemy's camp and reclaimed what was ours.
  Satan is thief and a liar. John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
  But the Word of God also gives us the power to come against the enemy. Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19 KJV)
  So last night that is what we did, we went to the enemy's camp and we took back what he stole from us. We had teenagers sobbing, shouting, dancing, rejoicing, and so full of the Holy Ghost they couldn't walk straight. And just like the story of David God not only restored what the enemy had stolen God gave us even more.
  The question I want to ask anyone that reads this, what has the enemy stolen from you? And my encouragement to you is, take it back! Satan doesn't have the authority to defeat you, so stop letting him. Go get your joy, your laughter, your happiness, your ministry, whatever it is, go get it. What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment