Thursday, July 17, 2014

Intimacy with God

    Being intimate with God is so much deeper than a relationship. It is more than even our minds can comprehend. A love and a desire to be in His presence, a desire to do His will, and a hunger that never seems satisfied.
    Psalm 63:1-2: O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 
    I have heard it said that intimacy can also be said "into me see." God seeing into me. Him seeing me vulnerable, my weakness, my shame, my pain, my brokenness, seeing all of me. He even sees things in me that I may not even see. Yet He still loves me and desires fellowship with me.
   He knew that I would be far from perfect. He knew there would even be a time that I didn't want anything to do with Him. He knew that I would hurt Him and disappoint Him. Yet He still loved me.
   We can have a relationship with anyone. We decide how much we tell them, how close we want them to be to us. We can lie or be fake with them and they not even know. We can pretend to be someone that we're really not. But being intimate with God, He already knows. We can't hide things from Him, we can't lie to Him, we can't trick Him into thinking everything is okay just because there is a smile on our face.
  Once you have true intimacy with God you wont struggle with sin. You wont struggle with doing right or praying or reading your Bible. You will just want too because it brings you closer to Him. You will want to please Him, do His will, and even tell others of His love.
    When we get to the place of true intimacy with God we will finally be able to experience His perfect love. We will be able to surrender everything to Him that keeps us from Him because nothing will compare to the love we have for Him. To truly desire to be in His presence is when you are able to be changed, healed, and able to grow.
    So ask yourself, how intimate are you with God? Always know that you are never to far away from His perfect love. God loves us so much and desires intimacy with us. I am so thankful that I serve an amazing God.

No comments:

Post a Comment